Friday, February 25, 2011

Bucket List

My friend Karen (over at karensayshello.wordpress.com) has a Bucket list, which inspired this entry. A bucket list is a list of things to do before you kick the bucket. My list, on the other hand, consists of things I want to do, and I feel like if I don’t do them by this weekend I’m going to kick the bucket myself. I wrote this last Wednesday night, trying to think of ways to keep from going insane while trying and failing to study for my ophthalmology exam. Not that ophtha was terribly hard. I think the accumulated frustration and fatigue from the last year has finally crept up on me and now I find myself incapable of paying attention to even the most interesting lectures, unable to finish even one trans satisfactorily. I can’t even enjoy the things I used to, not really. So to try to force enjoyment on myself, I wrote the following:



These are things I always wanted to do, small and silly though some of them may seem. I’ve already done the writing in a cafĂ© (I even ordered a drink that wasn’t caffeinated. Take that, med school), the finding of Coffee Prince and the writing of a chapter at least. It’s already Friday afternoon. I’m supposed to meet my mom in a few minutes, and to meet my friends later, so that crosses a couple more items off the list. I don't know. Let's hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment