Monday, July 4, 2011

Litany of an LO


O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed,

Deliver me, Jesus.
From the desire of being loved as an LO...
From the desire of being extolled as an LO...
From the desire of being honored as an LO...
From the desire of being praised as an LO...
From the desire of being preferred to other LOs...
From the desire of being consulted as an LO...
From the desire of being approved as an LO...
From the fear of being humiliated as an LO...
From the fear of being despised as an LO...
From the fear of suffering rebukes by classmates
who act like I'm being paid to work for them ...
From the fear of being calumniated as an LO...
From the fear of being forgotten as an LO...
From the fear of being ridiculed as an LO...
From the fear of being wronged as an LO...
From the fear of being suspected of not texting things on time...

That other LOs may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.

That other LOs may be esteemed more than I ...
That, in the opinion of the world,
other LOs may increase and I may decrease ...
That other LOs may be chosen and I set aside ...
That other LOs may be praised and I unnoticed ...
That other LOs may be preferred to me in everything...
That others may become better LOs than I, provided that I may become as good an LO as I should…


Adapted with fondness from Cardinal Merry del Val's litany of humility, found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment