Thursday, November 11, 2010

O you, who came upon me once: Today, in three acts

ACT I.
Detachment. How hard it is! Oh, to be fastened by nothing but three nails and to have no more feeling in my flesh than the Cross!
151, The Way

ACT II.
You give me the impression that you are carrying your heart in your hands, as if you were offering goods for sale. Who wants it? If it takes no creature's fancy, you will come and give it to God.

Do you think that is how the saints acted?

146, The Way

ACT III.
The heart! From time to time, without your being able to help it, your all too human memory casts a crude, unhappy, “uncouth” shadow on your mind.

Go to the tabernacle immediately, at least in spirit, and you will return to light, happiness and Life.

817, Furrow

So in the end, mea culpa, but that's no reason to walk about with a long face. I'm sorry, and next time, when you catch me unawares, I will behave better and with more genuine charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment